What is EndNote
What is EndNote
EndNote is a programme for maintaining a database of references and automatically creating citations in your assignment or thesis.
How to get EndNote
1. Borrow EndNote discs from the Short Loan Collection.
2. Download from the Library Moodle page.
For system requirements and word processor compatibiltiy please see the EndNote Requirements page.
(Firefox or Chrome are the preferred browsers for EndNote)
University issued laptops
UC staff and postgraduate students using a University issued computer or laptop should contact ITM to have a copy of EndNote installed.
EndNote and iPad
An Endnote for iPads app is available from the iTunes store. To integrate your PC or MAC version of EndNote with your iPad you need to have an EndNote Online account. More information is available from Thomson Reuters.
For the web version of EndNote, please refer to EndNote Online.
Installation from Moodle
Log on to the Library Moodle page.
Select the EndNote version that is compatible with the software on your computer.
EndNote X7 for PC
- To install EndNote X7 for PC from Moodle, click on EndNote7 PC.zip file. It will download into your Downloads folder on your computer.
- In the Downloads folder, select the EndNote file and right click to Extract All.
- At the prompt to select a destination folder to extract EndNote files to, click on Extract.
- Files will load in the destination folder. Click on ENX7Inst.msi to install.
- At the Do you want to run this file? prompt, click on Run.
- EndNote will go through its installation screens.
- Click on Next/Accept/Run as needed. Finish to complete installation.
- The EndNote folder can now be found in C: Program Files (x86).
Note: If asked for a product key you will need to reinstall and ensure all files have been extracted or unzipped. More information can be found at Ask a Librarian.
Thomson Reuters Tutorial
The Study Help moodle site contains EndNote interactive online modules and Referencing help
Thomson Reuters Support
Contact the Library with any feedback