Sources for images and photographs, and information on referencing images
Locating images and photographs is an
important feature for scholarship. Search results in many scholarly databases
can now be expanded to include photographs or images.
"Artistic works and images which are embedded in text for the purpose of explaining or illustrating the literary work (incidental artistic works), can be copied along with the text following the guidelines of reasonable portions applicable there..." Copyright at UC
- EBSCOhost Image Collection
Over 510,000 images relating to people, natural science, places, history, maps and flags
Fulltext archive journal collection for the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Search results are separated into tabs named "Articles," and "Images in JSTOR," [results with images where the search term matches image captions]
Includes an ever-expanding archive of more than two million news photos from Reuters and other sources as far back as the 1980s
1. From the main Factiva page, click on the Search tab at the upper left.
2. Click on the Source button (in gray, next to the plus sign, in the center of the screen).
3. From the Source Category drop-down menu, select Pictures.
4. Click on Reuters Pictures. (Other sources are Fashion Wire Daily and McClatchy Tribune Photo Service)
5. Enter search terms and hit the Run Search button.