Services available to off campus staff and students
The UC Library's Off Campus Service assists staff and students who may not be able to visit the library in person. Services to off campus staff and students include:
- Postal loans from the general collection to staff or students located within Australia
- Photocopying and scanning from the UC Library print collection
- Research assistance via phone, online chat and Ask-a-Librarian email service
- Document Delivery
- Interlibrary Loans to staff and students located within Australia
Who can use this service and is there a cost?
To be eligible for this service, UC staff and students will need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Staff or students living 50km or more from the University campus
- Staff or students living outside of Australia
- Staff or students registered with the Inclusion and Welfare Office and deemed eligible for off campus library services by the Inclusion & Welfare Office
There is no charge to register for the service, however you are responsible for the cost of returning any postal loans to the library.
Register for off campus services
Register for Off Campus Services by completing the Off Campus Registration Form.
Registration is usually completed within one business day. You will be supplied with an Off Campus Library Services registration number when your registration is processed. Please use this number whenever you make a request.
Borrow from other libraries
Use other libraries to access materials not held in the UC library. You can do this by:
- Borrowing from other academic libraries via the University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) reciprocal borrowing scheme
- Placing an interlibrary loan or document delivery request with Document Services
Services available to students and staff at partner institutions
Electronic resources in the UC Library Collection can be accessed by all UC enrolled students regardless of their course delivery location – use your UC student number and a password (available from Servicedesk: 02 6201 5500).
For all other library services, please contact the library at your home institution:
- Holmesglen Institute of TAFE: Holmesglen Library Learning Commons
- Ozford College of Business: Ozford Facilities
- TAFE Queensland: Brisbane (South Bank) library and Gold Coast (Coomera) library
- The Northern Sydney Institute: The Northern Sydney Institute Libraries
- South Western Sydney Institute (SWSi) - Liverpool Campus: South Western Sydney Institute Library