SciVal is an Elsevier product that allows analysis of an institution's overall research performance, comparison of research performance between institutions, countries, and groups. Users can identify and analyse existing and potential collaboration opportunities based on publication output and citation impact. Information provided by SciVal is drawn from the Scopus Dataset.
The University has purchased a subscription to SciVal which starts 1 July 2015. SciVal is a research intelligence tool that uses the Scopus dataset, and underpins with the Times Higher Education Top 100 Under 50 university rankings and ERA methodologies. The tool has a number of strategic uses from assessing performance of researchers and research groups, recruitment, tracking collaboration, seeking new partners and evaluating the impact of research.
You can access SciVal from a UC IP address and create an account.
THE World University Rankings (Times Higher Education)
Powered by Thomson Reuters, comparing university performance across:
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings
Compare the world’s highest-performing universities with the latest edition of the QS World University Rankings®, and explore the leading universities in different world regions and in specific subject areas. For additional insights into each ranking and the methodologies used click here.
The ERA outcomes from 2010 to 2018 can be accessed via this link.
Web of Science
1. Go to Web of Science
2. Search for University of Canberra in the Address field: Univ Canberra
3. Choose Analyse Results
4. Choose the following options and click Analyse:
- Rank the records by this field: Authors
- Set display option: Top 500
- Sort by: Record count
5. Select each author in the Faculty
6. Select View Records
7. On the results fpage, choose Create Citation Report to generate the graphs and metrics for the Faculty
1. Go to Scopus
2. Click on Affiliation search tab
3. Search for University of Canberra
4. Select all the University of Canberra affiliations
5. Click Show documents
6. Click the box for All to select all results
7. Click View citation overview
8. Enter your email address and the Date Range and a CSV file download will be sent to you