Number. Author AA. Title of work [type of thesis]. Location: Publisher/Institution; Year of completion.
Number. Author AA. Title of work [type of thesis on the Internet]. Location: Publisher/Institution; Year of completion [cited Year Month Day]. Available from: Database or http://xxxxx; accession number.
5. Brown GG. Towards an in situ technique for investigating the role nutrients play in epilithon growth in an Australian upland stream [unpublished doctoral thesis]. Canberra: University of Canberra; 2001.
8. McCaffrey J. The extent to which clubs are perceived as learning organisations [doctoral thesis on the Internet]. Canberra: University of Canberra; 2008 [cited 2009 Nov 2]. Available from: http://erl.canberra.edu.au/public/adt-AUC20081205.095000/
15. Socha AB. Students' assessments of instruction: a validity study [master's thesis on the Internet]. Cullowhee (NC): Western Carolina University; 2010 [cited 2011 Nov 20]. Available from: Proquest Dissertations and Thesis; AAT 1462244.
Note: Check with you lecturer first to find out if it is permissIble to cite your own work
Number. Author AA. Title of work [type of work]. Year of completion. Located at: Institution, Location.
5. Brown GG. Towards an in situ technique for investigating the role nutrients play in epilithon growth in an Australian upland stream [unpublished manuscript]. 2001. Located at: University of Canberra, Canberra, Australia.
When citing a source you haven't read yourself, but which is referred to in a source you have read.
Lilly as cited in Maxwell (3) stated that '...'
Burton (5) quoted Schwartz ...
3. Maxwell F. Phonology. San Franisco: Brooks Cole; 1999.
5. Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009.
If no author or editor is present, start your reference with the Title of the item.
5. Macroeconomics, prices and quantities: essays in memory of Arthur M. Okun. Oxford: Blackwell; 1983.
If no location is present substitute an inferred place [Chicago?] or the phrase [place unknown].
If no publisher is present substitute the phrase [publisher unknown].
If no year is present substitute an approximate date [1976?] or the phrase [date unknown].
7. Smythe V. Ant colonies: how they communicate. Canberra: Emu Press; [2007?].
12. Browne JD. Forensic science as a career. London: Tower Publishing; [date unknown].
16. Hawaii [map on the Internet]. [place, publisher, date unknown] [cited 2012 Jul 20]. Available from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ckq2CCag0Q/Tr4plGlC-HI/AAAAAAAACLo/CjKZCLjyAvk/s1600/islands-of-hawaii-map.gif