Number. Author AA. Title of book. Location: Publisher; Year of publication. Picture/Figure/Table/Graph number, Title of image; p. xx.
Number. Creator AA. Title of image [format]. In: Author/Editor. Title of book. Location: Publisher; Year of publication. p. xx.
21. Kaplan RS, Norton DP. Strategy maps: converting intangible assets into tangible outcomes. Boston (MA): Harvard Business School; 2004. Figure 2.7, Internal processes deliver value over different time horizons; p. 48.
24. Frith C, Dolan R. The Tower of London Problem [figure]. In: Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. 2nd ed. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009. p. 310.
Charts, figures, and other illustrative material found in the work you have consulted may have come from yet another source of work. Consult the original publication and cite from there.
If there is no title on an item, eg. photo from the web, create a title and enter it in square brackets in place of the title.
[Child playing with dog]
Number. Creator AA. Title of work [format]. Location: Publisher; Year of creation [cited Year Month Day]. Available from: http://xxxxx
Number. Creator AA. Title of work [format]. [place unknown: publisher unknown]; Year of creation. Located at: Name of Collection, Name of Repository, Location; Item number.
Number. Creator AA. Title of work [format]. [place unknown: publisher unknown]; Year of creation.
3. Monet C. Haystacks, midday [photograph on the Internet]. Canberra: National Gallery of Australia; 1890 [cited 2012 Nov 6]. Available from: http://artsearch.nga.gov.au/Detail-LRG.cfm?IRN=29073&View-LRG
8. Jordon D. Hawaii's 'gentle' volcano more dangerous than thought [photograph on the Internet]. [place unknown]: National Geographic; 2004 [cited 2012 Nov 6]. Available from: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/11587353.html
10. Cameron Offices, Belconnen, ACT [slide]. Canberra: [publisher unknown]; 1982.
15. Barnes CR. [Library at Dawn] [photograph]. [place unknown: publisher unknown]; 2005.
19. Johan Freyer [print]. [place, publisher, date unknown]. 1 print: black & white, 6 x 7 in. Located at: Prints and Photographs Collection, National Library of Medicine, Bethesa, MD; Order No. B012357.
Image in a Book by the Author - Electronic Book Section (Enter format in Typr of Work, cited date in Access Date)
Image in a Book not by the Author - Book Section (Enter format in Type of Work, cited date in Access Date)
Individual Image - Book or Electronic Book
When citing a source you haven't read yourself, but which is referred to in a source you have read.
Lilly as cited in Maxwell (3) stated that '...'
Burton (5) quoted Schwartz ...
3. Maxwell F. Phonology. San Franisco: Brooks Cole; 1999.
5. Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009.
If no author or editor is present, start your reference with the Title of the item.
5. Macroeconomics, prices and quantities: essays in memory of Arthur M. Okun. Oxford: Blackwell; 1983.
If no location is present substitute an inferred place [Chicago?] or the phrase [place unknown].
If no publisher is present substitute the phrase [publisher unknown].
If no year is present substitute an approximate date [1976?] or the phrase [date unknown].
7. Smythe V. Ant colonies: how they communicate. Canberra: Emu Press; [2007?].
12. Browne JD. Forensic science as a career. London: Tower Publishing; [date unknown].
16. Hawaii [map on the Internet]. [place, publisher, date unknown] [cited 2012 Jul 20]. Available from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ckq2CCag0Q/Tr4plGlC-HI/AAAAAAAACLo/CjKZCLjyAvk/s1600/islands-of-hawaii-map.gif