Vancouver follows guidelines outlined in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation for all legal materials. Examples outlined below are for Australian legislation and case law. Please consult The Bluebook for other jurisdictions.
Number. Title of Act Year (Jurisdiction) s section number (Country abbreviation, if not evident) URL
8. Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) (Austl.) http://www.comlaw.gov.au/
15. Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld) s 15 (Austl.).
Number. Name v Name (Year) Volume Reporter abbreviation First page (Country abbreviation, if not evident) URL
Number. Name v Name [Year of volume] Reporter abbreviation First page (Country abbreviation, if not evident) URL
Number. Name v Name [Year] Court abbreviation Decision number (Day Month Year of judgement) Pages (Country abbreviation, if not evident).
Number. Name v Name (Unreported, Court Name, Name of Judge, Day Month Year of judgement) Pages (Country abbreviation, if not evident).
9. Mace v Murray (1955) 92 CLR 370.
24. Glass v Commonwealth of Australia  ACTCA 8 (31 March 2003).
26. Browne v Dunne (Unreported, Supreme Court of Queensland, Bland J, 22 July 1999) (Austl.).
Legislation - Statute (Enter Jurisdiction in Code)
Case Law - Reported - Case (Enter Year in Filed Date, leave Year Decided blank)
Case Law - Unreported - Case (Enter Year in Year Decided, leave Filed Date blank)
When citing a source you haven't read yourself, but which is referred to in a source you have read.
Lilly as cited in Maxwell (3) stated that '...'
Burton (5) quoted Schwartz ...
3. Maxwell F. Phonology. San Franisco: Brooks Cole; 1999.
5. Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009.
If no author or editor is present, start your reference with the Title of the item.
5. Macroeconomics, prices and quantities: essays in memory of Arthur M. Okun. Oxford: Blackwell; 1983.
If no location is present substitute an inferred place [Chicago?] or the phrase [place unknown].
If no publisher is present substitute the phrase [publisher unknown].
If no year is present substitute an approximate date [1976?] or the phrase [date unknown].
7. Smythe V. Ant colonies: how they communicate. Canberra: Emu Press; [2007?].
12. Browne JD. Forensic science as a career. London: Tower Publishing; [date unknown].
16. Hawaii [map on the Internet]. [place, publisher, date unknown] [cited 2012 Jul 20]. Available from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ckq2CCag0Q/Tr4plGlC-HI/AAAAAAAACLo/CjKZCLjyAvk/s1600/islands-of-hawaii-map.gif