E-journals are cited the same way as that of a journal appearing in print with the following exceptions:
Number. Author AA. Title of article. Title of Journal [type of medium]. Year Month Day of publication [cited Year Month Day];volume(issue):pages. Available from database: http://xxxxx DOI:xxxxx
Number. Author AA. Title of article. Title of Journal [type of medium]. Year Month Day of publication [cited Year Month Day];volume(issue):pages. Available from: http://xxxxx
1. Johns E, Mewhort D. Test sequence priming in recognition memory. J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn [Internet]. 2009 Sep [cited 2012 Nov 13];35(5):1162-74. Available from PsycArticles: http://ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=pdh&AN=2009-12193-005&site=ehost-live DOI:10.1037/a0016372
2. Noor A. Ethics, religion and good governance. JOAAG [Internet]. 2008 [cited 2012 Nov 13];3(2):62-77. Available from: http://www.joaag.com/Home_Page.php
3. Ramalho M, Da Silva G, Dias L. Genetic plant improvement and climate changes. Crop Breed Appl Biot [Internet]. 2009 [cited 2012 Oct 8];9(2):189-95. Available from: http://www.sbmp.org.br/cbab
4. Restouin A, Aresta S, Prebet T, Borg A, Badache A, Collette Y. A simplified, 96-well-adapted, ATP luminescence-based motility assay. BioTechniques [Internet]. 2009 [cited 2012 Jul 3];47(4):871-5. Available from: http://www.biotechniques.com/biotechniquesJournal/
See Journal Article - Print for all forms of journal articles.
When citing a source you haven't read yourself, but which is referred to in a source you have read.
Lilly as cited in Maxwell (3) stated that '...'
Burton (5) quoted Schwartz ...
3. Maxwell F. Phonology. San Franisco: Brooks Cole; 1999.
5. Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009.
If no author or editor is present, start your reference with the Title of the item.
5. Macroeconomics, prices and quantities: essays in memory of Arthur M. Okun. Oxford: Blackwell; 1983.
If no location is present substitute an inferred place [Chicago?] or the phrase [place unknown].
If no publisher is present substitute the phrase [publisher unknown].
If no year is present substitute an approximate date [1976?] or the phrase [date unknown].
7. Smythe V. Ant colonies: how they communicate. Canberra: Emu Press; [2007?].
12. Browne JD. Forensic science as a career. London: Tower Publishing; [date unknown].
16. Hawaii [map on the Internet]. [place, publisher, date unknown] [cited 2012 Jul 20]. Available from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ckq2CCag0Q/Tr4plGlC-HI/AAAAAAAACLo/CjKZCLjyAvk/s1600/islands-of-hawaii-map.gif