Number. Author AA. Title of article. Title of Newspaper (xxx ed.). Year Month Day of publication:Section:page (col. x).
Number. Author AA. Title of article. Title of Newspaper [Internet] (xxx ed.). Year Month Day of publication [cited Year Month Day]:Section:pages or [about xx screens]. Available from: http://xxxxx
3. Internet pioneer to oversee network redesign. The Canberra Times. 2007 May 22:Technology:15.
7. Clark E. Enforcement, not shortage of laws, at the heart of spam's virulent growth. The Canberra Times [Internet]. 2003 Jul 13 [cited 2003 Jul 25]. Available from: http://www.canberratimes.com.au
9. Darby A. Rarest tiger skin a rugged survivor. Sydney Morning Herald [Internet]. 2002 Aug 20 [cited 2012 Jun 12]. Available from: http://www.smh.com.au
14. Waterford J. Bill of Rights gets it wrong. The Canberra Times. 2007 May 30:11.
When citing a source you haven't read yourself, but which is referred to in a source you have read.
Lilly as cited in Maxwell (3) stated that '...'
Burton (5) quoted Schwartz ...
3. Maxwell F. Phonology. San Franisco: Brooks Cole; 1999.
5. Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009.
If no author or editor is present, start your reference with the Title of the item.
5. Macroeconomics, prices and quantities: essays in memory of Arthur M. Okun. Oxford: Blackwell; 1983.
If no location is present substitute an inferred place [Chicago?] or the phrase [place unknown].
If no publisher is present substitute the phrase [publisher unknown].
If no year is present substitute an approximate date [1976?] or the phrase [date unknown].
7. Smythe V. Ant colonies: how they communicate. Canberra: Emu Press; [2007?].
12. Browne JD. Forensic science as a career. London: Tower Publishing; [date unknown].
16. Hawaii [map on the Internet]. [place, publisher, date unknown] [cited 2012 Jul 20]. Available from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ckq2CCag0Q/Tr4plGlC-HI/AAAAAAAACLo/CjKZCLjyAvk/s1600/islands-of-hawaii-map.gif