Number. Inventor AA, inventor; Assignee AA, assignee. Title of patent. Country patent application Country Code xxxx. Year Month Day issued.
Number. Inventor AA, inventor; Assignee AA, assignee. Title of patent. Country patent Country Code xxxx. Year Month Day issued.
Note: Assignees are not used in Australian patents.
3. Dahl C, inventor. Mobile phone cover with manually adjustable stand. Australia patent application AU 2011905080. 2011 Dec 6.
7. Rajaram G, inventor. Improved advertising with audio content. Australia patent AU 2006297131 B2. 2011 Sep 15.
8. Myers K, Nguyen C, inventors; 3F Therapeutics, Inc., assignee. Prosthetic heart valve. United States patent US 6,911,043. 2005 Jun 28.
Patent (Include Country Code before patent number or patent application number)
When citing a source you haven't read yourself, but which is referred to in a source you have read.
Lilly as cited in Maxwell (3) stated that '...'
Burton (5) quoted Schwartz ...
3. Maxwell F. Phonology. San Franisco: Brooks Cole; 1999.
5. Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009.
If no author or editor is present, start your reference with the Title of the item.
5. Macroeconomics, prices and quantities: essays in memory of Arthur M. Okun. Oxford: Blackwell; 1983.
If no location is present substitute an inferred place [Chicago?] or the phrase [place unknown].
If no publisher is present substitute the phrase [publisher unknown].
If no year is present substitute an approximate date [1976?] or the phrase [date unknown].
7. Smythe V. Ant colonies: how they communicate. Canberra: Emu Press; [2007?].
12. Browne JD. Forensic science as a career. London: Tower Publishing; [date unknown].
16. Hawaii [map on the Internet]. [place, publisher, date unknown] [cited 2012 Jul 20]. Available from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ckq2CCag0Q/Tr4plGlC-HI/AAAAAAAACLo/CjKZCLjyAvk/s1600/islands-of-hawaii-map.gif