E-books are cited the same way as that of a book appearing in print with the following exceptions:
Number. Author AA. Title of work [type of medium]. Edition. Location: Publisher; Year of publication [updated/revised Year Month Day].
Number. Author AA. Title of work [type of medium]. Edition. Location: Publisher; Year of publication [updated/revised Year Month Day; cited Year Month Day]. Available from: http://xxxxx
Number. Editor AA, editor. Title of work [type of medium]. Edition. Location: Publisher; Year of publication [updated/revised Year Month Day; cited Year Month Day]. Available from: http://xxxxx
1. A house for the nation: 100 years of Australia's House of Representatives [CD-ROM]. Canberra: Dept. of the House of Representatives; 2001. Published in association with the Swish Group.
2. Faggiano V. Critical incident management: a complete response guide [Internet]. 2nd ed. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; 2012 [cited 2012 Jul 13]. Available from: http://www.crcnetbase.com/ISBN/978-1-4398-7454-7
3. Eddings D. Pawn of prophecy [Internet]. Kindle ed. [place unknown: publisher unknown]; 2010 [cited 2011 Mar 27]. Available from: http://www.amazon.com
4. Niemann S, Greenstein D, David D. Helping children who are deaf: family and community support for children who do not hear well [monograph on the Internet]. Berkeley (CA): Hesperian Foundation; 2004 [cited 2007 Jun 11]. Available from: http://www.hesperian.org/publications_download_deaf.php
5. Schiraldi GR, The post-traumatic stress disorder sourcebook: a guide to healing, recovery, and growth [Internet]. 2nd ed. Adobe Digital Editions. [Boston]: McGraw-Hill; 2009 [cited 2012 Nov 5]. Available from: http://www.mhprofessional.com/product.php?isbn=0071614958#
Note: See Book - Print for all examples of books.
Electronic Book or Edited Book (Enter format in Type of Medium or Type of Work, cited date in Access Date)
When citing a source you haven't read yourself, but which is referred to in a source you have read.
Lilly as cited in Maxwell (3) stated that '...'
Burton (5) quoted Schwartz ...
3. Maxwell F. Phonology. San Franisco: Brooks Cole; 1999.
5. Burton L, Westen D, Kowalski R. Psychology. Milton (Australia): Wiley; 2009.
If no author or editor is present, start your reference with the Title of the item.
5. Macroeconomics, prices and quantities: essays in memory of Arthur M. Okun. Oxford: Blackwell; 1983.
If no location is present substitute an inferred place [Chicago?] or the phrase [place unknown].
If no publisher is present substitute the phrase [publisher unknown].
If no year is present substitute an approximate date [1976?] or the phrase [date unknown].
7. Smythe V. Ant colonies: how they communicate. Canberra: Emu Press; [2007?].
12. Browne JD. Forensic science as a career. London: Tower Publishing; [date unknown].
16. Hawaii [map on the Internet]. [place, publisher, date unknown] [cited 2012 Jul 20]. Available from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ckq2CCag0Q/Tr4plGlC-HI/AAAAAAAACLo/CjKZCLjyAvk/s1600/islands-of-hawaii-map.gif